Have you known nails say a lot for your health? Lunula is the signal here. Lunula is the white half moon half circle shape on the start of the nail plate near the finger. In Latin this means small moon.
What does finger Lunula look like?
The lunula color is white since the fifth base layer of epidermis is hidden underneath the blood cells. The lunula is 1/5 of the nail and most visible in the thumb. The whiter the lunula, the better the health.
Many factors affect this shape like diet, environment, physical health and more. If there is poor nutrition and bad digestion, lunula is fading, minimizing and disappearing.
Reduced or missing lunula and health linking
Lunula is really sensitive and can change the size so it says a lot for the health. If it disappears or is reduced, you might have some disease.
- If the thumb misses the lunula, it is psychological problem.
- Missing and reduced lunula on index finger is intestine problem.
- Middle finger missing lunula is blood pressure issues.
- Ring finger missing lunula is thyroid gland issues
- Little finger missing lunula is pancreas, liver, intestines and reproductive health issues.
So if you notice changes of this type, seek medical help ASAP.